Saturday, May 9, 2009

Recovering deleted files easily (even if you have deleted them in your Recycle Bin)

I have deleted some files in the past month or so, and today realized that I needed them. So I had to try to find a way to delete files which I also deleted in the "Trash" folder of my Ubuntu. I thought I had to download the big video files again, but I learned better.

Using PhotoRec, I was able to recover those files. And it was easy.

It uses a somehow scary command line interface, but the how-to provided made it so easy--whatever operating system your computer may have.

PhotoRec works with Linux, Mac and Windows. So if you ever deleted something (whether using the graphical interface or command line), there is still hope.

If you need help on how to use this, you know where to find me.

Source: http://www.cgsecurity.org, accessed May 10, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment